- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups skinless chicken breast (we found 4 large chicken breasts worked well)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bullion cubes
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped ( I chopped baby carrots that were already peeled and ready to eat)
- 8-10 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste or 1 6oz can (we used the whole can because we weren't going to waste any)
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (or 1 can of green beans)
- 1 1/2 cups whole pearl onions, skins removed (these come in a can or jar, or if you want to use fresh pearl onions boil them in water for a few minutes, drain, then plunge into ice-water to cool. The skins will slide right off then. I thought I could just skin them all using a knife without the water trick and it took me forever!)
- Salt to taste
First brown meat then add everything into a crock pot. Cook on medium-low for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender. This stew is super easy and tasty!
It was so nice I had to take my pictures outside today!
A bowl for myself.
I absolutely love every one's comments and suggestions. Going forward my blog will have more pictures with lighter dishes and beautiful backgrounds...I am a photographer in training. I will also have recipes each week along with funny stories, and I want to share more about the beautiful resort town I live in. I'll be sharing more about fun things in my area, it could be entertainment, home decor, fashion, local legends etc. So keep the suggestions and comments coming! I love them!