Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Please Stop Whining!

I slept pretty well last night which these days is a good thing.  I'm not sure what it is but I seem to toss and turn a lot and I don't know why.  I exercise, I eat fairly healthy, I'm not a high stress type of person so I'm not thinking about stuff but I just don't sleep well all that often.  When I do sleep well I love that feeling of being refreshed and ready to start your day and then you'll no doubt have a child who is having a bad morning and that was this morning.  The first thing my three year old did when he got up this morning was whine.  He whined about having to get up, he whined about have to go to 'school', he whined about having to eat breakfast and he whined about having to get dressed.  I asked him repeatedly to 'please stop whining.'  Whining drives me nuts!!  He even whined about having to stop whining!

Days like these are getting few and far between as my children age but I'll be honest there are days when I feel like whining!  We got all three kids off to school and I got my workout in, showered and was down to my office in a timely fashion.  I bent over to pick something up and when I turned around I whacked my funny bone on the arm of my office chair.  Ouch!  That tingly feeling went straight down my arm and into my hand and I started whining.  "Ouch, I just hit my funny bone."  I'm not sure who I was whining too, myself I guess, but I whined.  You see I'm sort of a klutz.  And when I say 'sort of' I mean I AM a klutz.  In fact last night I almost fell walking down the same stairs I have walked down repeatedly over the past eight years!  My husband really gets a kick out of those movies that show some woman trying to act all cool and then she trips and falls or runs into something because that would be me.  I don't remember being like that when I was younger so I think ever since I had kids I've become klutzy.  Kids are great because you can blame a lot on them.

My hair was shinier, my skin was clearer, my body was firmer all before I had kids.  My brain worked before I had kids.  I had lots of energy before I had kids.  The list could probably go on and on but one thing I do have to think is that my life was duller before I had kids.  Children make life so interesting and it's intriguing to me to watch them turn into little people.  All three of my kids are similar in ways and are different in ways and its so great to watch them grow up and it's fun to have them around!  Don't get me wrong I love quiet times but I love crazy circus time too.

In usual fashion my adult ADD had me starting a blog about whining kids and turn it into whatever it is this blog is about now.  I guess perhaps that is one more thing my kids took from me....my ability to focus!

Now here are a few fun quotes about children:

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt


There are only two things a child will share willingly - communicable diseases and his mother's age.  ~Benjamin Spock, Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care, 1945

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller

Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.  ~Rabindranath Tagore

I love my children best when they are sleeping.  Author Unknown


Children seldom misquote.  In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.  ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Danae,

    I'm loving getting to know you better through your blog!! No wonder we get along:) My son, 10, woke up whining too, so I can relate!! But by the time he had to leave, he was on track and all was well. Kids are so fickle;) Better get to work!! TTYL, Lori

    ReplyDelete