Monday, April 18, 2011

Pet Peeves

I am going to apologize in advance for this rant.  I'm sure most of you have pet peeves and no matter how small they can drive you nuts!  I love my family more than anything but there are a few things they do that drive me absolutely insane.  I've told them a hundred times and I don't know why they can't get it through their heads but I have a corner cabinet that rotates, I call it a turn about, and every time someone gets into it they leave it open.  I realize this may not sound like a big deal to you but it drives me nuts.  I'll clean the kitchen, leave to use the restroom and the turn about is open.  I shut the turn about and go do some laundry, walk back through the kitchen and the turn about is open.  I bet I shut that thing twenty times per day.  I'm starting to feel like I'm in the movie Sleeping with the Enemy except where I'm Julia Roberts and every time I turn around the turn about is open.  I swear I could be the only person in the house and I'll walk into the kitchen and that dang turn about will be open.  My husband tells me it's called a Lazy Susan but I call it a turn about because, well, it turns about.  I would really hate for my kids to come home from school one day to find me being carted off in a Dollie, wearing a straight jacket all because they didn't shut the turn about.  If you are unsure about what I am ranting about today I've included pictures below.  The first pictures is of the turn about open because that is how I found it when I went to take this picture.

Now this second picture is of the turn about shut and this is how I like it.

Now I realize the second thing that annoys me is the hand towel on the oven bar.  My kids dry their hands and pull it so its always lop sided or on the floor.  I know these things are minor but when repeated with consistency it becomes like Chinese water torture.  I've thought about moving all the things from the turn about to another cupboard and filling the turn about with things my children wouldn't want to get into and I also thought about getting a hand towel that buttons or ties to the oven bar but if I solved all my problems then I'd have nothing to blog about!

“I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation” Whoopi Goldberg

No comments:

Post a Comment