Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Living the Dream

I know we all love our children dearly and they are our life but have you ever thought about what you will do when they are all grown and out of the house?  I know a lot of us put our dreams on hold because we know that we will have all the time in the world to make our dreams come true when our children are grown. 

I have always had a little bit of an obsession of France.  Don't ask me why because I've never been there.  Looking back I wish I would've taken four years of French in high school instead of two and I wish I would've taken four years of French in college instead of one.  I would've made French my minor and I would've taken advantage of the French abroad program at my university.  But I didn't.  I'm refreshing the French I did learn with French for Dummies and learning about French food through cookbooks.  The older I get the more obsessed I have become with food as well.  I would love to go to Paris and go to a pastry school as sweets are my favorite!  My older kids found my French for Dummies book and asked if i could teach them some this summer.  I am so excited because once baseball and softball is over in mid-June and we get back from vacation the first part of July I am always looking for things for them to do.  So this summer we are going to learn French and cook French food.  Well see how long it lasts but right now in my mind it will be a wonderful summer!  I'd love to be able to take them to France when they are all older and can speak some of it.  In the scheme of things I'd love an apartment in France to stay in whenever we want.  A girl can dream can't she? 

I think a lot of people dream at times of the things they'd love to do.  Why does it have to be a dream?  Why can't we plan and save and work our way towards our goals even if it takes several years.  Or why can't we use our kids in our plan to learn a new language, learn to cook new foods, save for vacations, start a new business?? Ha!  You know as well as I do that moms need to get creative and in the end perhaps everyone's dreams will come true.

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."  Paul Valery French poet

No comments:

Post a Comment