Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Really?

Do your kids ever do things and you think, Really?  Did you just do that?  This morning I was picking up the house and I saw a TV tray out with a hand towel nicely laid out on it.  I asked, "Why is this hand towel covering the TV tray?"  My oldest said, "Well the tray was sticky so I covered it."  I said, "Really?  You couldn't just grab a wash cloth and wash it off?"  Apparently that would've been too much work.

The other day I found an ice cream bar stick on the couch and I've found candy wrappers behind the couch and under my middle child's bed.  The garbage can is a few feet from the living room and my son has a garbage can in is room.  Really?  You can't just put your garbage in the trash?

I love it when one of the kids tells me that their chair is sticky or that there's a sticky spot on the floor and I have to say this, "Get up and walk over to this draw.  This draw contains square pieces of fabric I like to call wash clothes.  Then walk over to the sink and turn this knobby thing and water will come out.  Get your wash cloth wet and then use it to clean up the sticky mess."   Really?  Are we all that lazy that we just move to a new chair when one is sticky.  I have three kids so my kitchen seems to always be a sticky mess.

My four year old still says to me, "I have to go to the bathroom."  Okay well he hasn't worn a diaper in over two years and the toilet is in the same place it's always been.  Really?  He can just use the toilet, we don't make our kids ask for permission or charge a fee to use the toilet.

Most times adults are just as guilty as kids.  My husband throws his dirty laundry on the floor literally inches from the hamper.  I will put something on the stairs to the basement and walk by it five times down the stairs before I think to pick it up and put it away.  I wash the dishes and leave them in the sink even though it would take a few minutes to dry them and put them away.  I should be folding laundry while I watch TV but I let clean laundry sit unfolded in a laundry basket for days.  I also should do a better job at keeping my bathroom countertop clean.  I just leave all my crap out instead of putting it away in the cupboard.

I know we all have quirks but our own quirks don't annoy us, it's other peoples quirks that do.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." Author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment