Thursday, June 30, 2011

We all need Friends!

Aren't girl friends the best!  They completely understand everything you are going through for the most part.  They understand your need to get away from your kids and they understand that sometimes you don't feel like acting like an upstanding citizen.  In fact a friend will get you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn that was fun."  My best friend gave me a plaque with that saying.  In fact yesterday I was sitting in my room looking at a shelf on the wall.  There were five different plaque type things with different sayings about friends on them.  All five were from the same person so I got to thinking.  How does she keep track of all the sayings she gets me?  Does she have them written in a book somewhere?  Is it just by pure luck that she's never gotten me the same one twice?  Why does she have the thoughtful gene and I do not?  I should probably get her a plaque sometime.  But she knows how much I appreciate her right?

I love the fact that I can tell my friends exactly what I'm thinking when it comes to motherhood and they don't think I'm insane!  We are all so different and have different fears and beliefs when it comes to motherhood but we all understand one another.  I support my friends and their decisions when it comes to motherhood because just as we are all different people we are all different mothers.  I do enjoy listening to my mom, aunts, grandma's and mother-in-law talk about times when they were raising kids.  The things that happened, the situations kids get into and the close encounters with bodily harm and injury. It's amazing any of us survived childhood! Out of my three children only one seems to have a cautious bone in her body, my boys on the other hand would probably walk up to a rabid bear and try to pet it if they had the chance.

I have been very blessed with the friends in my life.  I've always had someone who understood me and liked me no matter what, we'll at least they like me to my face!  Some of my friends I see often, some not so much..but the ones I see not so much once we see each other we are able to pick up right where we left off.  Life would be pretty lonely without friends, lonely and boring.

“Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”

No comments:

Post a Comment