Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Calgon Take Me Away

This morning my kids did NOTHING but fight.  I went upstairs and my daughter was mad because her brother was teasing her.  My four year old was standing in the bathroom wearing only a t-shirt and squeezing a tube of toothpaste into the sink because.."it's fun."  They fought over a remote, they fought over who got to sit in a laundry basket, they fought over what they were eating for lunch.  I finally got them to play a game since the weather is a little crappy today and I couldn't just shoe them outside!

Soon the middle child will be off to basketball camp for the afternoon and my youngest should take a nap.  Ahh, maybe some peace and quiet.  It's fun to listen to other mother's tell stories about their children.  I can laugh because I know exactly what they are going through and they in turn can laugh at me.  I swear my three kids are as loud and obnoxious as twelve kids!  I really have a lot of admiration for people who decide to become parents in the first place and for those that just keep having them!

I think the key is organization.  I try to have menus planned, activities planned, chores for them to do and even when they all go into melt-down mode at least everything else around me is somewhat in a tidy order.  I've always been a 'glass is half-full' kind of person so I can usually find the good in things and when I can't well that's when I feel sorry for anyone who has to be around me! 

I do think that grandparents see their grandchildren as payback to their children and I'll be honest, that's how I'll look at it when my kids have kids.  Becoming a grandparent in the far, far future is all part of my evil plan to get back at my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment