Friday, April 20, 2012

Monster Bars


Delicious Monster Bars with a colorful twist!

Monster bars are moist, chewy and oh, so good!  They are a family favorite and so easy to make.  Honestly, I love these bars because my monster cookies never turn out the best. :)

For Monster Bars you'll need:

  •  1 stick margarine, softened
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. peanut butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 1/2 c. oatmeal
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. chocolate chips
  • 3/4 c. M&M's
Cream the first six ingredients together then add the oatmeal, baking soda, chocolate chips and M&M's.  Pat mixture into a greased 10 x15 or jelly roll sized pan and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes are until edges are golden brown.

I'll be honest I slightly under bake these bars because I like them that way.  I typically use plain M&M's in this recipe but for a weekend with the family I put speckled peanut butter filled M&M's in this batch instead and they were mighty tasty!


1 comment:

  1. Anybody want some cookies....or BARS or somethin'? I've got some in my room...

    I'm going to make these.

    ReplyDelete