Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cavatelli

This cooler weather put me in the mood to throw together a warm and delicious casserole for dinner!  This is one of my family's favorites and it's something everyone will eat.  I will say the sausage pieces are a favorite and it's hard to get the casserole in the oven before the kids start picking out the sausages and eating them.  They are pre-cooked!
For Cavatelli you will need:
  •  16 oz rotini noodles
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 14 oz package Polska Kielbasa sliced
  • 1 16 oz jar of hot sauce
  • 1 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
  • 1 package of mozzarella cheese
Brown burger and cook rotini noodles.  Mix browned burger, cooked noodles, Kielbasa, hot sauce, spaghetti sauce and half bag of cheese in large bowl. 

Pour mixture into 9x13 pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.  You will notice my mixture doesn't have any cheese in it.  A few of my family members don't like cheese!  I know, crazy huh?  Anyway I add cheese to each individual serving after it's baked.  My family literally scarfed this casserole down before I had a chance to take a picture of it in the pan!  The picture far above was what I was able to get on my plate. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment