Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Balancing Work & Home

I often get frustrated by the fact that while I'm trying to work and build a successful business my home life is a distraction, yet at home my work life is a distraction.  It's the same old thing...at home with the kids you think of work and at work you think of the kids.  Raising a family and working is definitely a balancing act and one that frankly I feel at times I suck at!  I tend to get self-ish, at times I wish I had more time to devote to my business or more time to write but at the same time I want to cherish every moment with my children while they still want to hang out with me.  What I have learned is when there is something you want you can have it if you're willing to work hard for it, you just have to make yourself a schedule and stick to it!  I've carved out time every week for my business and for the most part I stick to it,  I have certain times that are 'family only' times and now I'll be carving out time to write and I'm going to HAVE to stick to it.  I don't need to waste time watching television every night and I should be getting up earlier in the morning than I do so I CAN do it.  I just really need a cheerleader (my conscience wearing a cheer leading uniform) standing next to me telling me I can do it and then when I get really tired and frustrated I can punch the b*tch. 

We all know we can achieve more it's just a matter of bucking up and doing it.  I guess I've looked at the last six years and realized that when I was 27 my goal was to have written a best selling novel by the time I was 35.  I'm going to be 34 in January and I haven't even started!!!!  I don't want to be 50 and look back and think why didn't I write that novel...I could've published several by now, traveled the world, researched all the subjects I wanted to research for my books and still be young enough to continue doing so.  Life is funny that way, we don't always realize what we want for ourselves until later in life and then we always wish we would've done it younger....well we are never too old to stop dreaming and we are never to old to stop achieving so I am challenging myself to write that book and to get it published by age 35 and if it doesn't become a best seller than at least I'll know I tried as hard as I could while keeping up with my family and day job....I'll just get less sleep but as mothers know, getting less sleep is worth it!! :)  We may complain and we may be grumpy at times but we wouldn't change a thing.  There are thousands of women who pray every night for God to bless them with a child and that child will no doubt rob them of countless hours of sleep but they will gladly give up that sleep for a precious baby.

Leap Fearlessly!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it cuz!!! I had/have a dream of becoming an author. I have an idea for a children's book, but I have no idea where to start!

    If you need a cheerleader, you know where to reach me!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete