Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Joys of Exercise

Why is it so hard to exercise?  I really don't mind exercising I can just think of ten million other things that need to be done and so that's why I didn't do it.  I've always had good intentions to exercise more, eat healthier and to take vitamins and supplements.  And just like a New Year's resolution my good intentions lasted a short while and I was back in my old ways.  When it comes to exercising and eating healthier I'm a talker and not a doer.  This drives my husband absolutely nuts.  He keeps telling me that if I want something bad enough then I'll stop making excuses and do it, blah, blah, blah.  I always felt like I wanted it bad enough but just didn't have time.  It wasn't until I was on Face book stalking a friend that I saw she had a picture of herself in a bikini mixed in her photos.  Someone had commented to her on how great she looked and she replied, "Thanks, I've worked really hard!"  You know what she had worked really hard, she biked, ran, lifted weights.  She found time to exercise daily despite the fact that she was a stay-at-home mom with two young boys.

I told myself that if she could do it than I could do it.  I started with a fun workout video three times a week and started feeling better.  My best friend found out and for my birthday bought me the same workout DVD she wanted to use and we decided we'd each do it five days a week on our own time.  Now I'm being held accountable for my actions and I don't want to disappoint her by not working out a day so I get up a half an hour earlier than normal and do my 35 minutes work-out video five times a week.  I feel so much better and am glad that I have support in doing it.  It's fun because we can talk about the exercises and the people on the video.  I hope that we continue supporting each other in our quest to be healthier.  We both want to feel good and have more energy to chase after our children.  We both have three children and we both run businesses from our homes.

Now that I enjoy my workouts and have the energy to do more I need to figure out a way to eat healthier.  I know what foods I'd like to eat but unfortunately my family are super picky eaters.  Well now that sounds like another excuse.  I know once I start eating healthier I'll feel even better and want to continue to eat better.  It's just starting to eat healthier that is the problem.  I love sweets, salty snacks and pretty much all foods that are bad for you.  I find fruits and vegetables boring and need to figure out a way to make them more attractive to me.  Ah, what would a mom do to get her kids to eat fruits and vegetables???  douse them in cheese, ranch or chocolate?  I think I can handle that.


Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.  ~Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment