Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Secret Life of a Four Year Old Boy

I love action packed spy movies!  If it involves mystery, the FBI, CIA, rogue agents and several chase scenes then I'm going to watch it.  I've seen plenty to know that there is always a scene where the main character holes up in a motel somewhere and neatly organizes their artillery on the bed.

So yesterday I walked into my 4-year-old's room and there on his bed he had neatly displayed a line of 6 toy guns, 6 used cellphones, 3 police badges, a toy samaria sword, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of handcuffs, a toy cordless drill, a reusable grocery bag (that's my boy) and a camoflauged teddy bear.  It was so cute I really should've taken a picture but this mom's not that smart!!  I could just picture him in his room nealty arranging all of the supplies he feels are necessary to be an undercover cop.  That IS what he want's to be when he grows up.  But he doesn't want to be just ANY undercover cop, he wants to be a NFL football playing undercover cop!!!

He has his 'cop shirts' that he wears and he hides behind furniture and acts like he is following bad guys.  Oh to be a kid again and use your imagination to do fun stuff.  That's the great thing about being a parent though I guess.  I can sneak around the house with a toy gun and a police badge and act like I'm an undercover agent while playing with my son and no one will think that's weird.  But if I was pretending to be an undercover agent home alone while my kids were at school some people might find that strange! 

On a side note I'm struggling with the same child to get him to wipe his own butt. He is 4 and I have to force him to do it himself.  Last night he was trying to show me what a struggle it is for him to wipe and his hand slipped off the toilet paper into the poop and all over his butt and he said, "Nice, now my poops going to smell like butt!" Too funny.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love your blog Danae!! You need to compile a book to "BLEEP My Kid Says!"

    ReplyDelete